Public Policy Committee
Chair: Mary Cole, Cumberland Mountain CSB
- Advocates for public policy and coordinates legislative activities at the state and national levels
- Collaborates with strategic partners in public policy advocacy
- Assists CSB/BHAs in utilizing relationships with local and state elected officials in support of the VACSB mission
Services Development Committee
Chair: Debbie Bonniwell, Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare
- Addresses broad-based and specific services issues, recommends action regarding these issues to the VACSB, and upon approval, implements actions
- Develops and/or considers services models and standards and makes recommendation to the VACSB Board of Directors
Chair: Jane Yaun, Rappahannock Area CSB
- Addresses and proposes solutions on issues of a regulatory nature with DBHDS and DMAS on all areas of Human Rights, Licensure, Medicaid regulations and Medicaid service manuals
Development and Training Committee
Chair: Ivy Sager, Hanover County CSB
- Brings best practices development and training to VACSB for staff and CSB/BHA Board Members for the VACSB May Development and Training Conference, as well as other events.
Administrative Policy Committee
Chair: Joe Scislowicz, Chesapeake CSB
- * Performance Contract
- Addresses policy matters with partnership agencies, including DBHDs, the State Board and other key stakeholders, including policy review, interpretation and comment, performance contracting, core services taxonomy and other issues of a policy nature.
- Provides consultation for statewide Association contracts, guide training on important administrative and operational topics, and collaborate with other committees as required.
Chair: Karen W. Grizzard, Henrico Area CSB
- Proposes annual VACSB budget and future budget plans
- Assesses all resources of the VACSB in order to fulfill the workplan of the Association
- Recommends financial resource strategies to the Board of Directors and the Association
Technical Administration Committee
Chair: Ingrid Barber, Alleghany-Highlands CSB
- * IT and Data Management Committee
- * Survey Review Subcommittee
- * Quality Assurance Subcommittee
- * Human Resources Subcommittee
- * Finance Subcommittee
- Addresses broad-base and operational issues important to all members.
- Recommends action to the VACSB and, upon approval, implements actions.
- Issues include, but are not limited to, quality assurance, data management, internal and external survey review, CSB financial issues, human resources, licensure and evaluation.
- Data Management Subcommittee will serve as liaison with DBHDS on data collection and reporting issues.
VACSB Charter Groups
- Virginia Association of Community Psychiatrists (VACP)
- MH Council Pathway
- Virginia Association of Community Psychiatric Nurses (VACPN)
- MH Council Pathway
Other constituency groups may apply for charter recognition by contacting VACSB at 804.330.3141 or firstname.lastname@example.org.