BH/DS Clinician III
The City of Virginia Beach CSB is seeking a Clinician III that
Provides oversight and clinical guidance for the staff in Case Management Services on an on-going basis for clients involved in active services, per Board of Counseling/ Social Work, Medicaid and Licensure regulations. Supervises Case Management staff and provides feedback concerning performance and service delivery. Performs complex behavioral health assessments, treatment planning, clinical interventions, consultations, and service authorizations. Develops training curriculums to ensure staff meets programmatic clinical core competencies, and provides on-going training regarding clinical documentation.
Specific Duties with qualitative and quantitative measures of performance:
- Conducts as needed a thorough psycho-social assessment for those individuals receiving behavioral health rehabilitation services to include Case Management, Mental Health Support Services and Psycho-social Rehabilitation Services, as part of the enrollment, initial authorization and the re-authorization process.
- Provides on-going clinical reviews of services to include the review of the integrated treatment plan for medical necessity. Approves and authorizes the services via LMHP signature on the integrated treatment plan primarily for Case Management and Community Rehabilitation Services as needed.
- Provides oversight and clinical guidance for the staff in Case Management Services on an on-going basis for all clients involved in active services per Board of Counseling/ Social Work, Medicaid and Licensure regulations.
- Provides direct supervision to assigned staff, to include meeting with staff at least monthly, providing performance feedback, documenting supervision, and completing performance evaluations within agency timelines.
- Develops training curriculums to ensure staff meets programmatic clinical core competencies, and provides on-going training regarding clinical documentation.
- Ensures timely submission of Registrations/Authorizations for Case Management and Community Rehabilitative services through Managed Care Organizations and/ or any additional pay sources.
- Complies with all state and federal Medicaid and Licensure regulations for Behavioral Health Community Rehabilitative Services.
- Performs clinical functions, including reviews of client electronic health records and/or paper records to support quality control/quality assurance system to improve program’s clinical services. Ensures that client reports/records routinely exceed state standards. Identifies gaps in case or staff service delivery mechanisms and implements training plans with staff to improve services and ensure clinical competency.
- Provides on-going and routine documentation training for staff. Training shall focus on the formulation of an integrated treatment plan, assessments, Medical necessity stages of change, quarterly monitoring, progress note documentation, goal attainment, skill acquisition, engagement techniques and outcomes for services.
- Provides direct clinical interventions as needed efficiently, ethically and independently to achieve therapeutic goals with individuals, families, and groups with minimal supervision.
- Provides case consultation, intervention, and follow-up to support external/internal systems of care. Is an active participant/facilitator of the Integrated Treatment Team meetings.
- Enhances professional development to incorporate new behavioral technologies in rendering client care.
- Assigned to an Alpha I status and may be assigned to shelter duty as needed in emergencies.
Requires a four year degree in a human services field (such as psychology, behavioral or mental health, special education, social work) and five years utilizing the required knowledge, skills, and abilities and associated with such positions as clinician, counselor,therapist, social worker, psychologist or psychiatric nurse OR any combination of education (above the high school level) and/or experience equivalent to nine years in fields utilizing the required knowledge,skills, and abilities associated with such positions.
For more information and to apply on-line by 12/21/18 go to www.vbgovcareers.com EOE