Business Systems Analyst
GPCS is hiring for a Business Systems Analyst –
As a Business Systems Analyst at GPCS you’ll work with staff and leadership withint the agency to assess reporting needs, gather information for state reporting requirements, and help internal processes related to the agency Electronic Health Record. Specifically you will:
- Build reports utilizing technology available at highest level, including SQL report writing, to maximize efficiencies in updating and analyzing data
- Use critical thinking to transform user requests into customize business intelligence dashboards and reports
- Present BI presentations to GPCS staff, supervisors, and leadership as well as external contacts to include reports and dashboards
- Summarize data in meaningful way for the target audience
- Interpret data from external agencies and troubleshoot any discrepancies
- Collaboration with Goochland County IT on relevant projects and processes
- Perform project management duties as needed for updating the EHR with new modules or improving internal processes to increase staff efficiencies and State reporting
- Develop internal data process to meet State reporting requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, or related field
- Five (5) years experience in information technology
- Strong knowledge of principles and practices of data quality reviews, project management and SQL report building.
- The ability to use independent judgement in identifying root cause of reporting problems and developing solutions to them.
- Considerable experience in interpreting data from external agencies and troubleshooting discrepancies to determine reporting errors
- Considerable experience collaborating with outside agencies, including IT providers and regulatory agencies.
- Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills to accurately report finding to a variety of audiences.
- Good interpersonal skills to develop effective and professional relationships with staff, leadership, and outside entities.
- the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information