Child and Family Services Supervisor
Valley Community Services Board is seeking a dynamic individual to join our Child and Family Services Team. The Child and Family Services Supervisor works within the MH Outpatient (includes school-based staff) and Intensive Care Coordination programs providing supervision to staff in the ICC program primarily and as needed for LPC/LCSW licensing supervision for MHOP providers.
Summary of Essential Functions:
- Flexible work schedule.
- Hybrid work environment.
- Incentive pay available.
- Health insurance as low as $21.16/month for individuals. Family and dependent plans are also available.
- Sign-on bonus of $1,500, included in full with the first paycheck.
- Nine paid holidays.
- Accrue up to 20 days of paid time off (PTO) per year from year one. PTO is immediately available upon accrual.
- Participation in the Virginia Retirement System.
- Professional development assistance provided at no cost.
- Provides clinical supervision to outpatient staff pursuing licensure
- Oversees nonclinical staff in ICC program following High Fidelity Wraparound Model
- Provides individual, family, and group counseling services for children and adolescents experiencing mental health and substance use challenges, including individuals with co-occurring disorder
- Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with school systems, FAPT/CPMT, residential programs, and other community/private providers
Skills Pertaining to:
- Principles and practices of individual, family, and group psychotherapy.
- Mental health and substance use diagnoses and treatments for children, adolescents, and their families.
- Emergency services and crisis intervention.
- Requirements of clinical and nonclinical casework documentation and policies.
- Professional ethical standards governing client relationships.
- Sound judgement.
- Critical thinking.
- Psychotherapeutic interventions for children, adolescents, families, and groups.
- Crisis intervention.
- Clinical assessment.
- Time management.
- Written, oral, and interpersonal communication.
- Computer use, including Microsoft Office, electronic databases, or similar programs.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Assess client outcomes.
- Develop collaborative relationships with individuals receiving services, their families, and their support network.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with teammates and community partners
- Prioritize competing demands to effectively supervise team
- Master’s degree in counseling, social work, or related field and Current LCSW or LPC licensure
- Board approved clinical supervisor in Virginia
- 1 year supervision experience
- Knowledge of High Fidelity Wraparound Model