CLINICIAN – EMERGENCY SERVICES (PART-TIME)
Southside Behavioral Health provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values. Mecklenburg Behavioral Health Center in Boydton, VA is seeking a qualified individual for it’s emergency services department This position handles all mental health, intellectually challenged and substance abuse emergencies after normal working hours of the clinic and during times of closure (i.e., holidays, inclement weather, etc. Supervision towards licensure will be offered. ** Due to Covid – 19, this position works mainly from home using telehealth***
- Takes emergency calls related to mental health, substance abuse or mentally challenged emergencies.
- Pre-screens for involuntary commitment of adults and minors.
- Crisis intervention with individuals and families who are having difficulty.
- Provides information and referrals to individuals seeking information.
- Provides psychiatric assistance to county jails, hospitals, and other human service agencies. (Hospital consultation will only be performed by clinical staff).
- Maintain close communication with the mental health center of his/her county, including daily phone contact with mental health center staff, participation in clinical staffing when appropriate.
- Enters data into Credible electronic health records and faxes paperwork as appropriate.
- Licensed or licensed eligible – LPC, LCSW, LMFT, LCP.
- Master’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling | Previous work experience providing mental health and/or substance abuse counseling w/some crisis intervention experience preferred.
- Tuition repayment program is available to eligible individuals.
- Must meet all criminal background and drug screening requirements.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record, required.
- Listing ID: 13119
- Link to job posting: https://southsidebh.org/careers/job-listings/