Day Treatment Specialist
Do you enjoy creating a positive educational environment for students to learn? Then join our HCS team to help improve lives and discover possibilities.
Help these students by….
- Providing school-based intervention services; focusing on behavior management, academic improvement and life skill development.
- Writing and implementing treatment plans.
- Crisis intervention, skill training, behavior modification and family support.
- Serving as a liaison between student(s) and school personnel.
Required: Minimum of an approved bachelor’s degree by the VA Board of Counseling (BoC) in human services or related field is required. To see if your degree qualifies, you can go to www.dhp.virginia.gov/counseling/counseling_guidelines.htm, section 115-8.
Must be registered with the VA Board of Counseling as a Supervised Trainee (QMHP-Trainee) to become eligible for Qualified Mental Health Professional- Child registration; or must have approved QMHP-C status with the VA Board of Counseling. You can find further information about the requirements and registration process on the VA Board of Counseling’s website at www.dhp.virginia.gov/counseling/counseling_forms.htm.
Prefer: One year of clinical experience working with children or adolescents with a serious emotional disturbance or mental illness.
In order to be considered for the position:
- If you are already registered as QMHP with the VA BoC, please submit your license along with your application and resume.
- Complete the online application at www.highlandscsb.org.
- HCS requires a formal resume to be submitted along with the application.
- If you are applying for a college level position, HCS also requires you to attach your unofficial college transcripts.