DD Care Coordination Supervisor
Are you an experienced Case Manager with strong leadership skills?
BRBH is seeking a Supervisor to lead a team of dedicated Developmental Disability (DD) professionals. The DD field is constantly changing, and this opportunity will allow for a unique experience in coordinating how DD services are provided, now and in the future.
This position will support and monitor Case Managers who assist adults diagnosed with developmental disabilities in accessing supports essential for living in the community and meeting basic needs. Responsibilities include management of daily operations, supervision of staff, maintaining and fostering community relations, evaluating client referrals to the program, monitoring caseloads, and reviewing staff documentation for quality assurance. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting staff performance evaluations, training and supporting newly-hired staff, and facilitating team meetings.
The Supervisor will also provide case management services to a limited number of individuals and is the primary contact for the intake process. Part of the job’s duties include serving as the CSB Enrollment Approver for the Waiver Management System (WaMS), maintaining accurate information in Waiver Waiting List records, handling enrollments, and processing requests to retain slots. Travel of up to 20% of work time is required; almost all travel is local, but there is occasional travel outside of the local area.
Why work at BRBH?
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a human services field.
- Experience: Minimum of one year of experience working with individuals diagnosed with a developmental disability, serious mental illness, or substance use disorder.
- Good Driving Record: Safe driving record required (no more than two moving violations in the last three years, no criminal violations in the last five years).
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH)
- Supporting great staff: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere. In this job, each day you will be helping the Case Managers make a difference in the lives of people in our community.
- Work/Life balance: We have a great paid time off policy – 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information:http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.