ID/DD Case Manager
District 19 Community Services Board Developmental Disability Services, located in Petersburg, VA is offering a full time Case Management opportunity. This position will perform case management, service coordination, screening and assessments for children and adults diagnosed with developmental disabilities. The essential job duties include: assisting people in accessing services to meet their individual needs through coordinating resources across agency boundaries; serving as a primary Case Manager in providing supportive counseling; monitoring behavioral support needs and individual services; ensuring the physical, mental, medical and social wellbeing of the individual; documenting the person’s progress and maintaining records in accordance with program policies and procedures.
Must meet the DBHDS definition of “Qualified Developmental Disabilities Professional” (QDDP)
Must possess at least one year of documented experience working directly with individuals who have developmental disabilities and one of the following credentials:
- a doctor of medicine or osteopathy licensed in Virginia,
- registered nurse licensed in Virginia, or
- completion of at least a bachelor’s degree in a human services field, including, but not limited to sociology, social work, special education, rehabilitation counseling, or psychology.
Employees or contractors providing case management services shall have knowledge
1. Services and systems available in the community including primary health care, support services, eligibility criteria and intake processes and generic community resources;
2. The nature of serious emotional disturbance and seriousmental illness, developmental disabilities, substance use disorders, or co-occurring disorders depending on the individuals served, including clinical and developmental issues;
3. Different types of assessments, including functional assessment, and their uses in service planning;
4. Treatment modalities and intervention techniques, such as behavior management, independent living skills training, supportive counseling, family education, crisis intervention, discharge planning, and service coordination;
5. Types of mental health, developmental, and substance abuse programs available in the locality;
6. The service planning process and major components of a service plan;
7. The use of medications in the care or treatment of the population served; and
8. All applicable federal and state laws and regulations and local ordinances.
Employees or contractors providing case management services shall have skills
1. Identifying and documenting an individual’s need for resources, services, and other supports;
2. Using information from assessments, evaluations, observation, and interviews to develop service plans;
3. Identifying and documenting how resources, services, and natural supports such as family can be utilized to promote achievement of an individual’s personal habilitative or rehabilitative and life goals; and
4. Coordinating the provision of services by diverse public and private providers.
Employees or contractors providing case management services shall have abilities
1. Work as team members, maintaining effective inter- and intra-agency working relationships;
2. Work independently performing position duties under general supervision; and
3. Engage in and sustain ongoing relationships with individuals receiving services.
Prefer applicant with knowledge of Medicaid Waiver and State Plan Option, experience in case management, and clinical record documentation.
A bilingual (English, Spanish) candidate is preferred.
This is a Grade 208 salaried position. The annual salary is $45,000.00
Starting salary for new employees will be based on the prospective employee’s knowledge, skills and abilities directly relating to the position’s duties. Starting salaries for new employees will be based on the availability of funding within the current budget.
Excellent benefits include sick and annual leave and Virginia Retirement System. Flexible work schedule, including 4 day work week, is possible in some positions.
Position requires pre-employment extensive background check and drug screening, to include a driver’s license report if applicable.
District 19 is committed to developing a multicultural workplace. Minorities and persons with disabilities seeking career advancement are encouraged to apply. EOE.
Position is Open until filled.
$3,000 Sign on Bonus *Restrictions apply