Mental Health Case Manager (Peteresburg)
District 19 Community Services Board is seeking a qualified Mental Health Professional to serve as the primary provider of clinical case management services to the Petersburg, VA Clinic. Adult Mental Health Case Manager will perform case management duties with Seriously Mentally Ill adults. Case Management consists of coordinating and monitoring services with other agencies, supporting and assisting consumers in gaining access to needed medical, social, educational, and other services. This includes assessing consumer needs, developing, implementing and monitoring service delivery and individualized plans.
Employees or contractors providing case management services shall have knowledge of:
1. Services and systems available in the community including primary health care, support services, eligibility criteria and intake processes and generic community resources;
2. The nature of serious mental illness,intellectual disability, substance use disorders, or co-occurring disorders depending on the individuals served, including clinical and develop mental issues;
3. Different types of assessments,including functional assessment, and their uses in service planning;
4. Treatment modalities and intervention techniques, such as behavior management, independent living skills training,supportive counseling, family education, crisis intervention, discharge planning, and service coordination;
5. Types of mental health, developmental,and substance abuse programs available in the locality;
6. The service planning process and major components of a service plan;
7. The use of medications in the care or treatment of the population served; and
8. All applicable federal and state laws and regulations and local ordinances.
Employees or contractors providing case management services shall have skills in:
1. Identifying and documenting an individual’s need for resources, services, and other supports;
2. Using information from assessments,evaluations, observation, and interviews to develop service plans;
3. Identifying and documenting how resources, services, and natural supports such as family can be utilized to promote achievement of an individual’s personal habilitative or rehabilitative and life goals; and
4. Coordinating the provision of services by diverse public and private providers.
Employees or contractors providing case management services shall have abilities to:
1. Work as team members, maintaining effective inter- and intra-agency working relationships;
2. Work independently performing position duties under general supervision; and
3. Engage in and sustain on going relationships with individuals receiving services.
Must meet the DBHDS definition of”Qualified Mental Health Professional-Adult (QMHP-A)” to include:
• At least a bachelor’s degree in human services or related field (social work, psychology, psychiatric rehabilitation,sociology, counseling, vocational rehabilitation, human services counseling or other degree deemed equivalent to those described) from an accredited college and with at least one year of clinical experience providing direct services to individuals with a diagnosis of mental illness;
• an individual with a master’s degree in psychology from an accredited college or university with at least one year of clinical experience;
• a person with at least a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in an unrelated field that includes at least 15 semester credits (or equivalent) in a human services field and who has at least three years of clinical experience;
• any other licensed mental health professional
Bilingual (English/Spanish) candidate is preferred.
– Provides community treatment
– Requires willingness to do home visits
Position is a Grade 208.
Starting rate for new employees will be based on the prospective employee’s knowledge, skills and abilities directly relating to the position’s duties. Starting salaries for new employees will not exceed the advertised maximum and will be based on the availability of funding within the current budget.
Position requires pre-employment extensive background check and drug screening. Driver’s License in state of residence with a point balance of -6 or higher.
District 19 is committed to developing a multicultural workplace. Minorities and persons with disabilities seeking career advancement are encouraged to apply. EOE.