Job ID: 050819100308
Department: Psychiatric Services
Abingdon, VA | Full-time | Monday- Friday
Highlands Community Services (HCS) is a growing community service board based in Abingdon, VA and has provided mental health, substance abuse, and developmental services to the residents of Washington County & Bristol, VA for over 40 years. HCS offers its employees a competitive benefit plan, a rich paid-time-off policy, and casual wear!
HCS is dedicated to finding employees with integrity, respect, hope, and genuine empathy who have a passion for improving lives and discovering possibilities!
- Evaluate and manage services to consumers approved by supervising physicians as applicable.
- Provide on-going medication monitoring and follow-ups.
- As indicated, consult with direct care physicians concerning treatment plans and consumer medical issues.
- Provide emergency consultation to consumers in crisis.
- Prescribe medications as indicated by practice standards and consumer needs.
- Educate consumers and their families concerning medications and diagnoses.
- Provide support to nursing staff.
Minimum Qualifications: Current/Active License as a Nurse Practitioner with the privilege to practice in the State of Virginia as an Adult/Family or Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner & Two (2) years’ experience with children & youth and/or adults in a Psychiatric Setting.
In order to be considered for the position:
- Complete the online application at highlandscsb.org.
- Submit a formal resume with the application.
Please Note: If you are having difficulty attaching your resume, use the Internet Explorer web browser instead of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc.
A Drug Free Workplace
Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer