PACT Peer Specialist
The City of Virginia Beach Department of Human Services is recruiting for a PACT Peer Specialist who has lived experience to carry out rehabilitation and support functions to assists clients with reaching recovery goals in treatment.
- Provide education, support, and peer-to-peer mentoring or coaching as appropriate and under the supervision of PACT leadership staff.
- Provide recovery-based peer support services and outreach to peers who are experiencing difficulties in the community that may lead to hospitalization, incarceration and homelessness.
- Will draw from personal lived experience with serious mental illness (SMI) and/or substance abuse to provide peer mentoring or coaching, developing a one-on-one relationship with clients to encourage, motivate, and support recovery. May entail focusing on recovery goals and assisting with the development of problem-solving skills. Fosters hope for recovery through education and self-esteem building exercises.
- Connect clients with resources in the community that promote recovery, while empowering the individual to be as independent as possible.
- Facilitate recovery groups and recovery-oriented group activities, including support groups, educational activities, and WRAP or other wellness groups.
- Provide skills training to clients in implementing activities of daily living that promote independence and recovery.
- Provide consumer and family education related to Peer Support and Recovery, will assist the family and other members of the team to understand the clients’ perspective and subjective experience, will participate in treatment team meetings, and will provide training in recovery and lead recovery dialogues.
- Provide assessment of recovery goals and needs; updates treatment plans as necessary to capture peer mentoring services.
- Link clients to services, resources, and supports specified in the treatment plan. Examples include linking to entitlements, substance abuse treatment, medical care, food, skill training, housing, etc.
- Monitor progress, service delivery, physical and mental stability, and consumer satisfaction.
- Perform medication rounds as assigned.
- Maintain all clinical records in accordance with licensure and program standards.
- Participate in interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Comply with regulations for HIPPA, mandated reporting of abuse and neglect, Client Confidentiality, and other Client Rights.
For more information and to apply on-line go to vbgovcareers.com