Primary Care Physician –Medical PRN (Pos.#1078)
CBH is currently recruiting for a Primary Care Physician, the primary care physician provides direct medication assisted treatment to opioid dependent individuals.
Job Duties: The employee must exercise independent judgment in response to the complexities of the position duties. Attention to detail is essential in all facets of work. Work as a member of the medical services department, the employee provides screenings and treatment service planning for persons with mental illness and substance use disorders. Additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT)
- Participation in development of individual service plans
- Ordering, performing and interpreting laboratory tests
- Recommending other treatments or referrals – medical, psychotherapeutics, social supports, etc.
- Monitoring symptoms, medication compliance and response
- Medication education to patient and family populations – individual and group
- Health information documentation – manual and electronic formats
- Consultation to clinical staff and community representatives.
- Ensure Care Coordination
- Performs emergency evaluations, response to phone calls, and other duties that may arise on a day to day basis
- Works in close concert with agency directors and mid-level managers on behalf of service delivery and integration
Work Schedule: Hours may vary; based on Medical Department needs.
Qualifications:Minimum of five years experience in the provision of suboxone treatment. The work of this employee is performed in accordance with state and federal regulations, and agency policies and procedures This is a licensed position board certified physician with prescription authority under the Board of Medicine. The employee has broad medical service responsibilities under supervision of the Medical Director.