School-Based Outpatient Clinician
Valley Community Services Board is looking for an experienced School Based Outpatient Clinician to join our team! This is an exciting opportunity for a licensed or licensed-eligible clinician to provide school-based outpatient counseling to children and adolescents in the public-school setting.
*Health Insurance as low as $21.16/month
for individuals. Family and dependent plans are also available.
*Sign-on bonus of $1500.00
, included in full with the first paycheck.
*Up to 10% compensation increase
available for obtaining relevant certifications.
*Accrue up to 20 days of paid time off
(PTO) per year from year one. PTO is immediately available upon accrual.
*Participation in the Virginia Retirement System.
*Professional development assistance provided at no cost.
Summary of Essential Functions
Provides individual/family/group counseling services for SA/MH/COD clients.
*Collaborates with school administration regarding appropriate referrals and contacts families to schedule intakes.
* Provides outpatient counseling services to designated schools, including intakes, individual, group, and family counseling.
* Provides crisis stabilization and emergency services as needed. Refers to Emergency Services as appropriate.
* Assess substance use and refer to appropriate substance abuse programs, if needed.
* Develops a person-centered individual service plan for each client as well as to complete quarterly reviews and discharge documentation within the required timeframes.
* Conducts intake assessments addressing all required elements in accordance with Medicaid regulations and DBHDS guidelines.
* Functions as consultant to both community professionals and nonprofessionals regarding treatment and crisis situations using problem-solving and/or crisis intervention techniques.
Master’s Degree or near completion of Master’s Degree in Counseling or Social Work or related field. LPC or LCSW required.
Valley Community Services Board is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.