Job ID: 080219100374
Department: School Based Services
Bristol, VA | Full-time | Monday- Friday
Highlands Community Services (HCS) is a growing community service board based in Abingdon, VA and has provided mental health, substance abuse, and developmental services to the residents of Washington County & Bristol, VA for over 40 years. HCS offers its school based employees a competitive benefit plan and a flexible school schedule!
HCS is dedicated to finding employees with integrity, respect, hope, and genuine empathy who have a passion for improving lives and discovering possibilities!
School- Based Specialist:
- Provide support, life skills and coping skills training to adolescents in the school setting.
- Provide crisis support/intervention to students.
- Assist teachers, administrators and families in identifying troubling behaviors in students.
- Link to appropriate services to meet identified needs
- Collaborate with parents, school personnel, human service agencies and other community resources.
Minimum Qualifications: Approved master’s degree in human services or a related field (to see if your degree qualifies, you can go to www.dhp.virginia.gov/counseling/counseling_guidelines.htm, section 115-8) and must be registered with the VA Board of Counseling as a Qualified Mental Health Professional- Child (QMHP-C). You can find further information about the requirements and registration process on the VA Board of Counseling’s website at www.dhp.virginia.gov/counseling/counseling_forms.htm
In order to be considered for the position:
- Complete the online application at www.highlandscsb.org.
- Submit a formal resume with the application.
Please Note: If you are having difficulty attaching your resume, use the Internet Explorer web browser instead of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc.
A Drug Free Workplace
Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer