Job ID: 101320100261
Department: Children’s Services – School-Based
Abingdon/Bristol, VA | Full-time | Monday-Friday
Highlands Community Services (HCS) is a progressive community service board based in Abingdon, VA and has provided mental health, substance abuse and developmental services to the residents of Washington County & Bristol, VA for over 40 years. HCS offers its school-based employees a competitive benefit plan and a flexible school schedule!
HCS is dedicated to finding employees with integrity, respect, hope and genuine empathy who have a passion for improving lives and discovering possibilities!
- Provide support, life skills and coping skills training to adolescents in the school setting.
- Provide crisis support/intervention to students.
- Assist teachers, administrators and families in identifying troubling behaviors in students.
- Link to appropriate services to meet identified needs
- Collaborate with parents, school personnel, human service agencies and other community resources.
Master’s degree in Human Services or related fields, one (1) year clinical experience and must be registered with the VA Board of Counseling as a Qualified Mental Health Professional-Child (QMHP-C).
You can find further information about the requirements and registration process on the VA Board of Counseling’s website at www.dhp.virginia.gov/counseling/counseling_forms.htm
Eligible t0 seek Licensure for Supervision in the State of Virginia or active license in the state of Virginia as a LPC, LCSW or LMFT.
In order to be considered for the position:
Please Note: If you are having difficulty attaching your resume, use the Internet Explorer web browser instead of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc.
- Complete the online application at www.highlandscsb.org.
- Submit a formal resume with the application.
A Drug Free Workplace
Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer