Senior Fiscal Services Specialist
POSITION TITLE: Senior Fiscal Services Specialist
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
This FLSA Non-Exempt position is responsible for the management of HUD fiscal records and assisting the Finance Director in the management of cash receipts and disbursements for the Eastern Shore Community Services Board (ESCSB). The incumbent also maintains all accounting records and prepares financial statements (GAAP) for Mendisadd, ARC House, Inc., and SILA Corporation.
The incumbent reports to and receives supervision from the Finance Director. In carrying out position responsibilities, the incumbent performs in accordance with established ESCSB policies and procedures and mandated wage/tax laws, demonstrates initiative, exercises sound judgment, maintains confidentiality of information, and sustains effective working relationships.
• Maintain and review automated general ledger and other fiscal records for Mendisadd, ARC House, Inc. and SILA Corporation;
• Ensure all invoices are coded, batched, and posted to Accounts Payable. Generate payment list to Finance Director for approval;
• Enter and post all non-consumer related deposits;
• Reconcile checking accounts of residential consumers;
• Assist Fiscal Specialist in accounting for all grant money, including special projects, to include reviewing grant letter, monitoring and properly coding all grant expenditures, preparing necessary reimbursement requests, and notifying Senior Accountant when expenditures are not in accordance with grant letter;
• Code invoices, ensuring that expenditures are properly coded to the proper reporting unit (RU) as well as expense code according to budget; enter new account numbers and distribution tables as needed;
• Reconcile ESCSB Bank statements to the General Ledger for approval by the Senior Accountant;
• Coordinate and supervise all fiscal aspects related to HUD to include preparing the monthly HUD rent and housing assistance payments;
• Monitors program receipts and expenditures on a monthly basis to ensure sound budget management;
• Maintain liaison with treasurer of ARC House, and SILA Corporation;
• Prepare and maintain recertification for residents of HUD projects, ARC House, Inc., and SILA Corporation;
• Prepare quarterly payroll reports, 941s, sales tax report, and Virginia Employment Commission (VEC) reports for the entire ESCSB in a timely manner in accordance with federal and state deadlines;
• Prepare year-end payroll reports, to include W-2s and W-3 for the entire ESCSB, Virginia year-end reconciliation forms with state copy of employees’ W-2s and Federal Forms 1099s and 1096s for ESCSB as well as for Mendisadd, Inc.(transmittal to be mailed to Social Security Administration with federal copy of employees’ W-2s);
• Maintain general ledger for ESCSB and Mendisadd, Inc., to include preparing monthly bank reconciliations by the 25th day after the month ends and preparing monthly financial statements for the Finance Director review no later than 15th day after the month ends; maintain daily cash balance for review by Finance Director;
• Reconcile all general ledger liability accounts on a monthly basis for ESCSB. All reconciliation must be done by 30 days preceding the month being reconciled;
• Assist Senior Accountant in preparation of quarterly reports for Part C; ensure reports are filed by the due dates specified by the DMHMRSAS;
• Assist Senior Accountant with preparing for outside audits to include random petty cash audits for all sites;
• Assist Finance Director with preparing quarterly reports due to DMHMRSAS;
• Input all year-end audit adjustments for Mendisadd, Inc. and HUD into general ledger system and maintain backup copy of fiscal year detailed general ledger; and
• Perform other job related duties germane to the ESCSB’s financial management as assigned by the Finance Director and/or the Executive Director.
The incumbent should have position-related fiscal experience relative to HUD properties as well as experience assisting with general fiscal issues and possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities.
Knowledge of: Bookkeeping principles and procedures; general knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); HUD rules and regulations relative to client housing; fiscal reports required by DMHMRSAS; payroll processes and procedures; computational arithmetic; over-time pay regulation requirements; automated accounting systems-CMHC, Peachtree, and HUD Rent Roll automated spreadsheets.
Skill (s) in: Maintaining accurate, neat and thorough fiscal records; preparing financial statements on both cash and accrual basis and using CMHC, Peachtree, and HUD software; monitoring the coding of expenditures in accordance with annual budget; reconciling all balance sheet liability accounts, HUD and grant reporting; and communicating effectively in written and oral form.
Ability (ies) to: Maintain fiscal records accurately, neatly, and in keeping with state and Board standards; prepare, process and disseminate payroll as a fill-in to the payroll specialist; maintain automated accounting systems for ESCSB, HUD, ARC, Inc.,SILA, Inc., and Mendisadd, Inc. in accordance with GAAP; assist in preparing financial statements on accrual basis monthly and annually; prepare quarterly and annual payroll reports with minimum guidance; assist in preparing quarterly reports to DMHMRSAS; gather information for the annual performance contract; draft annual budgets; reconcile liability accounts as well as monthly bank accounts, and prepare HUD required forms and documentation.