May 6th is Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day
Resilience Week is May 2nd – May 8th
May is Mental Health Awareness Month
May is Drug Court Awareness Month
May is Early Intervention Awareness Month
Below is a list of campaigns and events happening across Virginia during the month of May.
Please check back for more updates.
CSB Events Across Virginia:
1. Hampton Newport News CSB: Mental Health Awareness Month. Click Here!
2. Arlington CSB: Mental Health Awareness Month. Click Here!
3. Northwestern CSB: “Let’s Chalk About Mental Health” Campaign Tool Kit
- May 12, 5PM: Parents & Caretakers
- May 19, 12PM: Workplace & Community
- May 26, 9AM: Healthcare Providers
6. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH); Roanoke Prevention Alliance (RPA) and Suicide Prevention Council of Roanoke Valley:
7. CSBs in Region 1 & Lock and Talk Virginia: Mental Health Awareness Month. Click Here!
Horizon Behavioral Health / Rappahannock Area CSB / Northwestern CSB / Alleghany Highlands CSB / Rockbridge Area CSB / Valley CSB / Region Ten CSB / Harrisonburg-Rockingham CSB
Lock and Talk Virginia launched a virtual Mental Health Awareness Campaign for the month of May. The theme is “Healing and Empowering Together”. Click the link above for a press release, social media toolkit, and a copy of the AudioGo Radio ad that will play on various platforms such as iHeart Radio and Pandora.
May is also Drug Court Awareness Month – Alleghany Highlands’ mental health and substance use clinic teamed up with drug court and jail services to sponsor a community and agency wide food drive for its local food pantry. Many of the CSB clients benefit from the three local food pantries, so Alleghany Highlands is excited to be able to give back to them. A proclamation is being signed by Alleghany Highlands’ local government to recognize both Mental Health Awareness Month and Drug Court Awareness Month.
9. Highlands CSB: For Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day, prevention staff at Highlands put together CHAMPIONS4CHIILDREN wellness bags for Head Start teachers and staff.
May 6th is Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day!
This year’s theme, “Resilience in Times of Adversity & Uncertainty” was chosen based on feedback DBHDS received directly from families and to address the additional mental health challenges the pandemic has created for many youth, adolescents, and families. One video will be released each day, May 3rd-7th, on the DBHDS YouTube channel-found here. You can also check the DBHDS Facebook page and Twitter for a link to the video of the day. These videos are for families, caretakers, and professionals.
The following videos will be posted each day:
- May 3rd – Nurturing Family Resilience Through Support
- May 4th – Coping with Uncertainty Using Mindfulness and Yoga
- May 5th – Resilience: Promoting the Mental Health of Youth and Young Adults as Providers
- May 6th – Build Your Resilience in the Face of Crisis
- May 7th – Impact of Racial Trauma and Resilience: Creating Solutions for Children & Families
Mental Health America of Virginia:
VOICES for Virginia’s Children:
Early Intervention Awareness Month:
Blue Ridge Behavioral Health is hosting an educational session on Early Intervention: Click Here!
Coming soon – A feature on the importance of Early Intervention in the Fredericksburg Parent and Family magazine.