Public Policy Committee
Chair: Mary Cole, Cumberland Mountain CSB
Vice Chair: Greg Preston, Piedmont CSB
- Advocates for public policy and coordinates legislative activities at the state and national levels
- Collaborates with strategic partners in public policy advocacy
- Assists CSB/BHAs in utilizing relationships with local and state elected officials in support of the VACSB mission
Services Development Committee
Chair: Jim LaGraffe, Rappahannock-Rapidan CSB
Vice Chair: Sandy Bryant, Mount Rogers Community Services
- Addresses broad-based and specific services issues, recommends action regarding these issues to the VACSB, and upon approval, implements actions
- Develops and/or considers services models and standards and makes recommendation to the VACSB Board of Directors
Chair: Nathan Woodard, Portsmouth Department of Behavioral Healthcare Services
Vice Chair: Lester Saltzberg, Goochland-Powhatan Community Services
- Addresses and proposes solutions on issues of a regulatory nature with DBHDS and DMAS on all areas of Human Rights, Licensure, Medicaid regulations and Medicaid service manuals
Development and Training Committee
Chair: Ivy Sager, Hanover County CSB
Vice Chair: Natale Christian, Hampton Newport News CSB
- Brings best practices development and training to VACSB for staff and CSB/BHA Board Members for the VACSB May Development and Training Conference, as well as other events.
Administrative Policy Committee
Chair: Phil Caldwell, Alexandria CSB
- * Performance Contract
- Addresses policy matters with partnership agencies, including DBHDs, the State Board and other key stakeholders, including policy review, interpretation and comment, performance contracting, core services taxonomy and other issues of a policy nature.
- Provides consultation for statewide Association contracts, guide training on important administrative and operational topics, and collaborate with other committees as required.
Chair: Barbara Barrett, Region Ten CSB
- Proposes annual VACSB budget and future budget plans
- Assesses all resources of the VACSB in order to fulfill the workplan of the Association
- Recommends financial resource strategies to the Board of Directors and the Association
Technical Administration Committee
Chair: Sandy O’Dell, Planning District One Behavioral Health Services
- * IT and Data Management Committee
- * Survey Review Subcommittee
- Addresses broad-based and operational issues important to all members.
- Recommends action to the VACSB and, upon approval, implements actions.
- Issues include, but are not limited to, quality assurance, data management, internal and external survey review, CSB financial issues, human resources, licensure and evaluation.
- Data Management Subcommittee will serve as liaison with DBHDS on data collection and reporting issues.
Quality & Outcomes Committee
Chair: Lester Saltzberg, Goochland-Powhatan Community Services
Vice Chair: Melissa Lucy, Horizon Behavioral Health
- Partners with DBHDS to review and discuss the measured CSB outcomes, focusing on the dashboard, and trends the group is seeing by Board, by Region and by the State.
- The Committee is led by the Outgoing Executive Directors Forum Chair and either the DBHDS Deputy Commissioner or the Assistant Commissioner for Quality. CSB membership will include Executive Director representation from the 5 Regions, the Technical Administration Chair, and representatives from the Developmental Disabilities, Mental Health, Emergency Services, Children’s Services Councils and a representative from the Data Management Committee.
VACSB Charter Groups
- Virginia Association of Community Psychiatrists (VACP)
- MH Council Pathway
- Virginia Association of Community Psychiatric Nurses (VACPN)
- MH Council Pathway
Other constituency groups may apply for charter recognition by contacting VACSB at 804.330.3141 or firstname.lastname@example.org.